Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy New Year!

And what a good start to the year it has been. As far as the New Year's holiday, it was a great time! Family, food, and of course, FOOTBALL...all day long football!! I had a wonderful time off with my family. I absolutely love spending those days with my girls. We had a great time playing at Papa and Mimi's house with all of the cousins. My sister Carrie and her family were able to come down from Oregon and spend a week with us (one of the few occasions the entire Stevens' family was together).

I'm back at school now too. It has been a great start to a new semester. I love my job! I have a lot of fun with my students and colleagues. I never feel it is just a job. Everyday is different and to teach US History everyday is a blast...especially right now...I am teaching the Civil War, one of my favorite time periods (stay tuned for a special blog about the Civil War).

On the football front, it has been busy! I've been calling schools, coaches, finalizing our schedule for next season, organizing our football sheds (holy schmoly), and various other things. Once and a while, I can hear in the background, the laughter of one Laing Stevens. We had our football banquet this past Saturday, and as my dad "passed the torch", he said to me, "It's all yours now."...emphasis on the ALL! You know that feeling when you think you are prepared for something, and in reality, your not...welcome to being a Head Coach! Please don't get me wrong, I am absolutely loving it and things haven't really started yet, and I know it will get better as the days, weeks, months, and years go on, but it has been an interesting initiation over the last couple of weeks.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Thanks for stopping by, and remember...

Love the Lord with all your heart,
Take pride in your country, and
Go Warriors!

6 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

GO WARRIORS!!!
Don't you just love the excitement new challenges bring? I'm very proud of my baby bro! LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

Re: that shed...your Dad has nothing to do these days. Get him while you can!!!!! :o) I've always told you kids, "When you are done playing, clean up your mess!" Um, does that go for Head Coaches, too?
(Oooooo, I may have stepped over the line on that one!)

Anonymous said...

Festivus for the rest of us! And Hoop-da-Hoolay for the new year! Blog out, brother. GET OF THE SHED....I WILL TAKE A SHOVEL TO YOUR MELON IF YOU GET OF THE SHED!!

Anonymous said...

by the way...love the ticker!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...and the tatoo catalog!

Erica said...

Congratulations Cam on your new job!! That is awesome the 3 of you have got to work together (even if it is you & Chris on opposite teams)