Monday, January 28, 2008

Getting Very Excited!

I don't know if I was able to share this before, but I wanted to let you know that I have the opportunity to travel to the east coast with my school. We will be traveling between the 17th and 28th of February. We will be seeing places like the Jamestown settlement and fort (the first permanent English settlement in America), Williamsburg (the capitol of Virginia while under British control; the only place in America to fly the British flag apart from the American flag), Mt. Vernon and Monticello (George Washington and Thomas Jefferson's estates), various buildings and monuments in and around Washington D.C. (White House, Capitol, Supreme Court, Lincoln/Vietnam/WWII/and FDR memorials, and the Pentagon to name only a few), Amish country, Philadelphia, Independence Hall (home of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution), the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross' house, and we finish our trip in New York City (Statue of Liberty, ground zero, Wall Street, the theatre district to take in a broadway show, and Trinity Church).
I wish I could list all of the things that we are going to see and do, but you don't have that much time to sit and read your computer. So here is what I'm gonna do...mark your calendars to get day-by-day updates while I am on the trip. Every night, I will update my blog with what we did and saw that day along with a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. I will do my best to bring my experience to you. I am very excited every time I get to go on this trip, as Washington D.C. is my "Mecca"...oops, forgive me, I mean...my "Jerusalem".

2 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

I'm excited for you! One of these years, I'm going with you. I would love to take that trip again...I went in jr. high and would love to go again as a an "adult" :0)
Have a blast and I'll look forward to your daily updates!

Anonymous said...

Wish Dad & I were joining you this year!! Maybe next, ok! Will look forward to your updates & the daily 'History Lesson'!
ENJOY!!